Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic- Richard Nixon Jumping
From: John Servais <jservais@nwhouse.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 23:21:48 -0700

><< Nixon was elated about something or other and jumped in
> the air, arms outstreched.  ... Does anyone know who took
> it, or what made Nixon so happy? >>

It was Phillipe Hallsman (sp!)   He was a celebrated portrait
photographer.  At the end of each portrait session, he would ask his
subject to jump for the camera.  He was intrigued with the different ways
people jumped.  I think there was even an entire book of his jump photos.
 He called it jumpology.

Even Nixon obliged him with a jump.  Of course Marilyn Monroe did.
Charlie Chaplin.  The list is quite impressive.  Nixon did look happy,
didn't he.

John Servais
    jservais@nwhouse.com
        Bellingham, WA  USA