Subject: [Leica] Brian's hard drive
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:31:57 +1100

Dear LUGnuts,

I was disturbed to hear that Brian's hard drive had failed again, and that
it was out of warranty. I know that a lot of you were sending a small
donation to help support the computer "we love", and I had intended
dropping in my $ when I arrived in the USA in 10 days. However this latest
"disaster" has prompted me to get behind this push and air mail the thing
immediately. I'll have to make it cash Jim as my cheque would look funny
over there, but I trust the US mail ;-)

Now some did not want to badger the group, but please let me remind those
who would like to support this effort to keep the LUG and Rollei lists in
"prime" condition of Jim's offer to collect the donations and secure them
in an account for Brian. His original post follows:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ M6 for Brian - account at KSP

I just spoke with the accounting department at KSP. They have setup and
account in Brian Reid's name. The Account number is  5867 . KSP did not
want to handle collecting the money so they suggested that I do it. So you
can send, to me, whatever your donation is, but made out to "Keeble &
Shuchat Photography, or the abbreviation KSP if you wish. Also, somewhere
on the check, write account # 5867, or "Brian Reid's account. I will
collect the checks, money orders, or whatever, and deposit them a couple of
times a week at KSP, into Brian's account.

I think this is the best way to handle this. Brian will be able to buy
whatever the account balance will allow him to buy. No strings. And it's
not like sending him money. This is a gesture of friendship from all of the
LUG constituents. Knowing that he has spent an enormous amount of his
personal time and money, at this point, simply for our benefit. Our Leica
benefit.

Now if we could only lose the [Leica] label...

;-)

Jim Brick
820 Sweetbay Drive
Sunnyvale,  CA 94086
USA

Jim Brick
Photo Access
2741 Middlefield Road
Palo Alto,  CA 94306
USA

Either address will work. My work phone is (650) 470-1132, my home is (408)
296-1629 . If you will put LUG somewhere on the outside of the envelope, it
would help as well.

thanks,

Jim

Thanks Jim, this is worthwhile effort. I look forward to meeting many of
you in the coming 3 weeks.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,