Subject: RE: [Leica] SCA Adaptors
From: "Vahan D. Shahinian" <vshahinian@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 18:26:53 -0500

David,

You may not be able to use TTL-Flash metering with the 45 CL-4 and the R8.
The R8 requires the SCA-3501 adapter, which is not fully compatible with the
45 CL-4, which is an SCA-300 series flash unit. The SCA-351 is the correct
adapter for the R6 and R7.

The series 3000 adapters are digital, while the 300 series adapters are
analog. My guess is that you will be able to use the 45 CL-4 and R8 in
non-TTL auto or manual modes only.

The newer 3000 series flash units (such as the 50 MZ-5 and the 40 MZ-2/3)
are backwards compatible and will support both the 3000 and 300 series
adapters and cameras.

According to the Leica literature, the new M6-TTL requires the SCA-3501
adapter as does the R8. I remember hearing that there may be a newer
revision of the 3501 to support the M6-TTL, so you might want to double
check for sure (it may be called the SCA-3501/M2 or something like that).

I'll investigate my owner's manuals further when I get home.

Best Regards,
Vahan