Subject: [Leica] Leica ads in National Geographic
From: Carsten Bockermann <Carsten_Bockermann@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 03:51:49 -0500

Pasacal,

>>Odd result: Leica has published ads in National Geographic from January
>>1929 till June 1961, not nothing later (in contrast with Canon and
Nikon).

I remember ads for the R7 in National Geographic, so there must have been
something afterwards.

>>I find the pages on the CD-ROMs sometimes hard to read and not too sharp.

>>The prints are also somewhat fuzzy. And some scanned images have dust or
>>other impurities.

IMHO the resolution leaves something to be desired. Most of the time I use
a laptop computer with 1024*768 resolution and find it very disturbing that
the size of the NatGeo software window is fixed at 640*480. Maybe an
upcoming version that exploits the potential of the DVD technology will
give us better quality.

Carsten

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Carsten_Bockermann/