Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 TTL (Sekonic L508)
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:39:34 -0600

The Sekonic 508 IS fabulous. I recently bought it to accompany my M3, and it is
great to have spot and incident metering in one unit.

Nathan
<<<<<<<<<<

But be sure to test the L508, both incident and spot meters. I speak from
experience.

I've had an L508 for about a year now. I first chalked up some poor
exposures I was getting when setting my camera based on spot readings to
bad technique. But after comparing incident to reflected grey card readings
in a test, it appeared that in fact readings between incident and spot
modes were varying by a good stop. I sent the meter to Mamiya USA (which
sells Sekonic in the US) and in less than a week I had it back with a
service order showing they had replaced a circuit board. It has worked
flawlessly since.

I've heard of others with similar experiences. Hopefully after a year on
the market, Sekonic has fixed any problem early meters may have had. Still,
after my experience, I like to warn others to make sure their L508 is
working correctly. Because since mine has been fixed, it has been a
terrific meter.

Larry