Subject: Re: [Leica] High end audio and photography analogies
From: Andre Jean Quintal <quia250249@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:00:34 -0500

>Eric Welch wrote:
[ . . . ]
>> Good analogy. Seems like some audio magazines I've read recently talk a lot
>> about the high-end tube-driven amplifiers going for a premium. That does
>> sound like Leica M.
>> Eric Welch
>> St. Joseph, MO
>> http://www.
	One little note on audio:
	the general "audio" domain has undergone
	a significant change caused by the emergence
	of several brilliant engineers with business
	acumen, especially in the last decade.

	Pass Labs, Krell, Bryston, Meridian,
	ElectroCompaniet, NAIM, YBA, Audio Research,
	are brands you have to look into, amongst many.
	Bring any of these in my home: you're welcome.

	While i have personally sold dozens of McIntosh
	stereo systems, the passing on of its founders,
	Frank McIntosh and Gordon Gowe,
	is a loss; one brought the business flair,
	the other the brilliant engineering,
	with a "class act" mentality.

	The parallel with LEICA, i hope, would rather
	relate to outstanding customer support
	and product development, over and above top level
	manufacturing care and total quality control.

	Remember "In Search of Excellence" series books ?
	Recommended reading; no waste of time...

	Andre Jean Quintal