Subject: Re: [Leica] Kyocera made zooms
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 01:54:07 EST

<< Let's be clear about it.  I think Kyocera, not Zeiss make most of the
Contax
 >lenses (whether or not Zeiss may design them).

 Yes, Kyocera makes Zeiss lenses, for Contax (Kyocera). Zeiss designs,
 supervised my Zeiss engineers, right? A few Contax lenses are still made in
 Germany, like the 300 2.8 tele apo Tessar. >>
- ------------------------------

If you took the time to do your homework, you would see that Kyocera is an
incredibly progressive and diversified company--and would put Leica to shame
when it comes to producing fine, high tech products and materials.  Their
camera stuff is dogmeat compared to the other products they are involved in.
Which is to say, they do make a very fine cameras (Contax) and lenses (Zeiss)
in their line of products.  And yes, Zeiss engineers do supervise the assembly
process.  If you have to think twice about the Contax/Zeiss equipment (and
especially Leica lenses assembled by Kyocera), you're over-analyzing things
too much! :-)  Both camps, L & Cx, still the best.

Cheers,
Arturo