Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: B&W technique - Rodinal
From: Robert Farr <rfarr@voyager.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:22:16 -0600

Newbie question,

I've been silently following the Rodinol/Microdol-X discussion, and have a
question. What characteristic makes a developer "compensating" in nature, and
why is this desireable? I recently purchased a M4-P and 35/2 to get the best
handleld performance possible (if *I'm* up to the task), and really like prints
of about 11x14 size with fine grain and a broad range of tones. I've used Tmax
and Tri-X in D-76, but am considering trying Delta 100 in one of the above
developers. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Robert Farr
rfarr@voyager.net