Subject: [Leica] Lugnuts meeting in London
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:00:55 -0000

Alistair Firkin has suggested that we all meet up at some time between
10 and 11am on Sunday Nov 22.

I propose that we meet at Aroma, a coffee bar located beside the
London Transport Museum in the east corner of the square which
contains Covent Garden. Aroma is not in the museum, but to the right
of the museum entrance. It's a bit austere, but has a large glass
front wall which will allow the Lugnuts who have already arrived and
the Lugnuts who are looking for them to spot one another. To allow
time for guys who are outside of London to arrive, I suggest a 10.30
meeting, then moving off around 10.45 to wherever we decide to go.

For anyone who is delayed and misses that 10.45 deadline, Alex
Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk> expects to be with us, so a call to his
mobile phone (0467 611 388) should put the latecomer in contact with
our group.

Alistair also proposed a c.5pm second rendezvous point for those who
want to join for the evening only.

Given that many restaurants are closed on a Sunday, I suggest that
those of us who wish to eat use Andrea's at 22 Charlotte Street
(nearest underground station is Goodge St). I've never used this place
(my regular haunts all being closed on Sunday), but it has a fairly
extensive Greek menu which includes some simple grills  and seafood
which should suit most people. Starters are between 3 and 4 pounds,
main courses anything from 7 to 12, rising to 14 for them as wants to
eat steak.

Nearby at 16 Charlotte Street is a pub called the Fitzroy Tavern, so I
suggest that be our second rendezvous point from 5.00pm onwards, and
that we head for the restaurant around 7pm. Presumably things would
wind up around 9.30 onwards for those of us who must travel out from
London.

I know that Hans Pahlen is bringing his wife to London. Will you be
bringing her to the restaurant, Hans? My wife is already making noises
about coming up to join us in the evening (clutching her Leica Mini as
evidence of her right to be there!).

Regards,

Doug Richardson