Subject: RE: [Leica] Summar 50/f2
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:04:41 -0000

Don,
Maybe Marc hasn't woken up yet, so I'll do the decent thing and reveal that
there was another Summar back in the mists of time.
I only found out after responding to a private ad. for a 120mm F4.5 Summar,
going cheap. It came back looking quite old and with no thread that fitted
anything I had. Turns out there were several focal length lenses made with
the Summar name before the Leica was born. These were for photo-micrographic
use (I think) blowing up stuff in a similar way to the Micro Summars that
are/were, around now/previously.

Jem