Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 vs. F5 viewfinder
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:44:39 +0100

On 11-11-1998 03:17 N. B. Watson wrote:

>The R8's viewfinder is also not
>as high-eyepoint as the F5 (though not by much) and the R8 does not show
>100% coverage which both the F5 and EOS1n do.

I don't agree here. I have tried both the F5 and the R8 prior to making a
buying decision a year and a half ago, and used them side by side.
The R8 is better for eye glass-wearers than the F5, as it is easier to
see the whole frame in one look. I had to turn my eyes from left to right
to do that with the F5. And on top of that, the LCD illumination is much
better implemented on the R8, except in extremely bright sunlight where
it becomes difficult to see.

Pascal

See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r