Subject: [Leica] [No Leica Content] McIntosh Amps and Support
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:38:59 -0600

I've owned both McIntosh tube equipment and Bryston solid state.
Bryston has the best support of ANY product I've ever owned.  They have
a 20 year transferable warranty but I doubt they'll hold you to 20
years.

I bought my first Bryston used before the 20 year warranty.  I called
John Russell, the guy that handles imports into the US about having it
checked out.  He sent me packing material, I sent him the amp and he
went over it completely and sent it back to me.  NO CHARGE!

I recently sent my 8 year old 4B in to have a flaky power switch
replaced.  I happen to mention that the finish had been altered a bit
(probably from my wife cleaning it).  It arrived back with new face
plate and top cover along with a new power switch and complete
checkout.  NO CHARGE!  Incidentally, they got the amp on a Friday and
sent it back the following Monday.

I got the phone number for their US service department by sending an
e-mail to the president of the company who responded in two hours.

Bryston is a Canadian company who's amps get great reviews in
Stereophile.

Bud