Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] which wide angle lens?
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:43:52 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Hello,

I also like the close/"in your face" effect with W.A. lenses at times.  I use
Nikon slrs, and have found the plain old split image screen to work well with
the 20mm!!  Normally, I absolutely HATE split finders, prefering a plain ground
screen for the "snap" with teles, but try the split for wide angles -- I think
you'll like it!

This of course assumes that you have >something< to use a split screen on in your
photograph -- sometimes may not be the case, but try it out.

BTW, I understand the "science" of the split prism so-called range finder screen, and
I know it's not very accurate with small aperture lenses, but it gets closer than my
forty year old eyes do with a plain screen !!

Cheers, Walt