Subject: Re: [Leica] Pros and Leica sales! was vanc.
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:38:38 EST

I disagree.  It depends on their income and priorities.  A photo-hobbyist
whose true profession affords him an ample disposable income will likely
spend more freely and lavishly than a professional whose *net* income,
after all those "tax-deductible" expenses, is but sufficient to cover his
life's necessities.  Furthermore, most successful commercial pros
consider their "bottom-line" *first* and make every endeavour to keep
their expenses as low as possible.  They consider their equipment as
simply tools to get the job done, and buy no more and no less than the
end use requires.  Compared to the hobbyist, pros are much less likely to
buy for status or because of some self-styled guru's laughable
proclamation that one manufacturer's entire range has blanket superiority
over another.  Of course there are exceptions...those are usually the
ones with a bag full of the most expensive equipment, making
condescending remarks about other photographers "lesser" equipment whilst
bemoaning the fact that they have to work a second job because "there's
no money in photography".

Regards,
Nigel

Regards,
Nigel

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:53:46 -0400 "Robert G. Stevens"
<robsteve@istar.ca> writes:
<snip>
>What it
>means is that it takes a lot more convincing to have an individual
>part
>with after tax money than a business entity to spend before tax money.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]