Subject: Re: [Leica] How to accentuate the positive?
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 21:33:00 -0600

Sunday, Sunday, November 15, 1998, Dr James Harper wrote:

> Is there an easy solution to this problem?  There was, about 10 years ago,
> a Tamron gadget called something like Fotovix which connected to your TV
> and immediately converted colour or black and white negatives into
> positives.  It is no longer made (but still crops up second-hand
> occasionally) so presumably was not successful/popular.  And may have been
> long-winded in operation anyway.  Has anyone experience of it?

Dr. Harper,

I don't know what the device is but at a paper in Spartanburg SC where
a friend of mine is the photo editor they have such a device. They use
it  for  editing  the film. They just stick the negs in it and look at
them  on  a  monitor  and  choose from that which to scan. So there is
something like what you describe still on the market today.

Best regards,
 Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com
mailto:hmcclary@earthlink.net

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.