Subject: [Leica] M6/M6 TTL frame lines solutions ?
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:35:45 +0200

Marc James Small wrote:

> Whether or not an individual photographer finds the 135mm frame line in the
> M6 useable is, well, a very individual affair.  I certainly have no problem
> with it, nor, judging from our intermittent commentaries on this on the
> LUG, do a lot of others.  Still, there are some, Mr. Jordan apparently among
> them, who find this frame line unusable.

Marc,

I'm even more clumsy, because I also find the 75mm frame unusable,
(not because of the size, but because it is combined with, to close from
and less obvious than the 50mm frame)
and starting of that, only a nuisance when I use a 50mm.    ;-)

It's to bad IMO, that it's not possible to retrofit the M4/M4-2 frame finder
on the M6.
on the same manner it is still possible to have addition of 6-frame finder on
the M2, M4, M4-2 and M5.
<http://www.leica-camera.com/support/techserv/umbau/umbau_e.htm>

Of course the only real/useable solution will be to make a M6-0,95 with only
the 75/90/135 frames combination.
(or 50/75/90/135 if - and only IF - it's possible to separate the 50 and 75 frames)
But that is much to obvious for some.
:-(
And btw, why not a M6-0,55 with the 21/24/28/35 ?
This also will be the only real/useable solution to the separate viewfinders problem.
And will also solve in an elegant manner the viewfinder-or-flash dilemma on
the M6-TTL + 21/24.
:-/
I don't think that a zooming viewfinder will be OK, when I look in the Contax
G2 viewfinder.

I know, this is repeated old stuff!
Anyway....

Cheers,