Subject: Re: [Leica] OK Walter, I'll Bite
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:20:23 EST

Why the only type of photography I've never done is PJ: my idea of the
proper equipment for shooting fires, explosions and violence would be a
600 f/4 with stacked 2x converters poking through a hole cut in the side
of an armoured truck parked a minimum of one city block out of harm's
way.  I plan to live to be a very old chicken.  My hat is off to the boys
and girls in the trenches.

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:04:56 -0600 "James Harrison" <leica@wf.net>
writes:

>>"I'd love to hear more about their experiences, stories, travels,
>dangers,
>>drunken stupors, etc. and a hell of a lot less about the DAMN 135
>lenses."
>
> I was manager for a USAF photolab for four years..Always on call for
>accidents, murders, suicides, and promotions of the Air Force people..
> Got
>called to an aircraft crash site one day.  A T-38 jet trainer had lost
>all
>power over town (Wichita Falls Tx)  both flyers ejected, the aircraft
>plowed
>into an apartment complex.  Dayschool, and Church on either side of
>the
>crash site..  Raining, fire hoses, jet fuel all around, building and
>aircraft still on fire.  I shot the site with a M-6, and a M-2.  Local
>media
>and then national media showed up.  The media with digital cameras had
>wait for better conditions, I just shot the scene..cheers;;jh

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]