Subject: Re: [Leica] stroke of genius
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:35:47 EST

Martin, The nicest special I have seen like that, was a couple of M4-P's that
I saw in Paris in 1983. The owner had bought a Yves St Laurent leather jacket
(or had it made by YSL, he certainly had a/the money and b/the style to do
it). He had acquired a couple of pieces of matching dark green leather,
probably from the same cow too, and had his M4-P's redone in that material.
Normally I do not like the special editions but this one had class!
 When I feel the urge for these limited editions I make them myself — more fun
and definitely 'mine." At the moment they are limited to a hammer tone grey M2
with matching Rapidwinder and I am having a M3 redone in green, with matching
leather and another in grey/blue with matching leather and Rapidwinders (and
Softreleases too)! Of course there is the infamous 'purple haze" M4 with
silver leather that I loaned to Hove Camera in England some time ago.
Brilliant purple powder coated top and Rapidwinder and nice silver leather
with a slight purple tinge to it!
Tom A