Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome Labs... NOT
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:05:18 -0800

Holland Photo sends their Kodachrome to Kodak, The New Lab closed their
Kodachrome lab years ago. Only A&I have a K-Lab processor and do their own
Kodachrome. A number of years ago, K-Labs were springing-up everywhere.
They were NOT economic and all but, perhaps one (A&I), have closed. Kodak
is producing a "simple" Kodachrome processor, so we will see if it is
successful and can give Kodachrome a boost in popularity.

As Donal says, AD's don't want K films. E6 technology is outstanding. I'm
not sure that there is a valid reason to stick with Kodachrome. Projection
is detrimental to Kodachrome, while E6 is pretty much unaffected. As I said
before, I refuse to ship the fruits of my labor half way around the world
just for processing. If it gets lost or screwed-up, who do you talk to?
I'll stick with local labs thank you. And if a local K-Lab appears, I'll
give K-25 a another try.

Jim

>Nigel wrote:
>
>>Kodachrome processing is available in the US through the Kodak
>>Premium/Kodalux labs using the PK-24/36 processing mailers.  There are
>>also a few other reliable independent sources with reasonable turnaround,
>>including Holland Photo in Texas, and both A&I and The New Lab in
>>California.
http://www.photoaccess.com
Jim Brick, ASMP, BIAA
Photo Access