Subject: Re: [Leica] Daniele Coliva's amusing story-
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:27:38 -0500

Dan Post wrote:

> Daniele-
>
> We have a saying here:
> "Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive..."
> I tell my wife in excruciating detail how valuable the Leica is- when I die
> she states she is going on a cruise from the proceeds of the camera sale!
> Dan- still kicking :)
> dwpost@msn.com

I bought my M2 with 35 LTM Summaron and adapter for $425 about 10 yrs.
ago. It is virtually mint. I bought it at a local camera store that
traded a widowed older woman a Yashica point and shoot for the Leica and
a Rolleiflex. Her husband had passed away and she had no idea how to
operate either camera and just wanted something with which to take
pictures. It was a tremendous opportunity for me to buy the Leica I had
always wanted. I also feel that I do her late husband honor by
appreciating and caring for it as he had done. I still have it to this
day and will make sure my wife knows to get a better return when I pass
on.

Carl S.