Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Kodachrome Labs... NOT
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:24:37 -0800

I got the "Kodachrome fading" info from a Kodak bulletin a few years ago.
They basically stated that, if you want to keep your Kodachromes from
fading, don't project them. They said that it was cumulative. They said
that the E6 films hold up better under projection, but not as well under
natural light and environmental conditions. They recommended that you copy
Kodachromes on to an E6 emulsion for use in slide shows. I'm sure this does
not mean the occasional home slide show. But if you are a teacher/lecturer
and show slides routinely, they suggest E6.

I have no practical experience... just a Kodak bulletin. The same bulletin
said that you SHOULD NOT run your projector on fan only after a slide show,
to cool the lamp. They said that the lamp should cool gradually and
naturally, and that forced cooling reduces the life of the lamp.

Just passing it along...

Jim

At 05:03 PM 11/17/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Jim,
>Normal projection doesn't hurt Kodachrome.  What hurts Kodachrome is to
>project it in the window of a store for months on end.   All of my
>Extachromes are fading but not my Kodachromes.
>
>Bud
http://www.photoaccess.com
Jim Brick, ASMP, BIAA
Photo Access