Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digilux questions
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:57 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Brian Reid wrote:

[snip]
> I do not love the Digilux because the quality is not there. For the same
> amount of money that you would pay for a Digilux, you can buy a Kodak
> DC260, which is vastly overwhelmingly better. The DC260 is no M6 and its
> lens is no Summar, but it is an amazingly good electronic camera with a
> current street price of about $700.

I'm *astonished* that you say this. I reviewed the DC260 for a UK
publication and gave it the worst review I've ever written about anything.
A colleague writing independently for another magazine did the same.

It's *dreadful*! 15 seconds from pressing the on button to being able to
take a photograph. *Neither* viewfinder offers accurate framing (an
astonishing achievement that, considering one is an LCD). The lens
distorts *horribly*, is as soft as old boots, and the AF is unreliable.

I could go on, but I'd wind up posting the entire review.

Quite simply the worst photographic product I have ever used.

David Morton                       |  "Times are bad. Children no
dmorton@journalist.co.uk           |  longer obey their parents and
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk  |  everyone is writing a book."
(+44) 171 917 6272                 |  Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)