Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Apo 70-180/2.8 and other lens for R8
From: TEXWORKER@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:29:09 EST

I have used R8 for over a 15 months now and have used all R models  since
their inception,  I have acquired many lens, some I sold, others I still have.
My all time favorite is the !00 mm F2.8 APO.  About a year ago I bought the
80-200 F2.8 APO and using a tripod that I use about 90% of time it spent two
weeks in the Antartica climbing in and out of rubber boats and I did not
complain.It was worth it.  Some six months ago I purchased the 35-70 F4 and
love it despite compaints on this board.  I seldom use the 50mm or the 35mm.
I have the 28mm PC and use it when a wide angle is wanted.  I love it by the
way.

I have owned the 280mm F2.8 APO and that lens is too heavy for alot of use.  I
owned the 350mm R and found it very little use.  I still own a 500mm Cat lens
and I don't know why.  I own a 24mm, 21mm, and a 19mm and let my son have them
along with a 70-210.

Another Favorite lens when I can use it is the 15mm.  That is a fun lens.

I own a nikon 90s and that is my point and shoot with an auto focus. I had a
F4 but traded it for the 90s.

Clifton