Subject: Re: [Leica] New Apo-Asph-M 90/2 Summicron
From: HFHUBER@t-online.de (HFHUBER)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:48:11 +0100

Donal Philby schrieb:

> Does the 34AF3 have SCA3000 compatibility?  I spoke with Bogen/Metz rep
> in US two days ago and he suggested that only the 40 and 30 series would
> give TTL.  He said Metz would be offering a similar strobe by twice the
> power and half the price, but only after a 6 month non-competition
> period.  The 40 and 30 series weight more than the camera!  The little
> one with an off camera cord could be quite nice.
>
> But with Leica gear visualization is a valuable skill--we have to learn
> to visualize what something might be like if it ever gets finished and
> delivered.  Maybe we on the LUG could chip in and get Leica a german
> language project management software that might help them offer M6TTL
> and SF20 on the same date.  Is that a concept or what?
>
> donal
> --
> Donal Philby
> San Diego
> www.donalphilby.com

Hi Donal,

the Metz 34AF3 is a dedicated flash wich three versions: Nikon, Canon or
Minolta. The SCA 3xxx for the specific system is built in. Iīve seen in in a
photo store and for the first look I realized that itīs working only in
the specific TTL-mode. It should also work in combo with the TTL cable e.g. SC17
for Nikon. Maybe it works also in manual mode, but I didnīt see any switches to
change the aperture for computer flash.

the Leicaīs must have a terrific planning system. A few weeks ago, Iīve been to
the Leica Card meeting in Solms and they told us Leica want to switch their ADP
System to SAP R3 in the next weeks. All companies I know are for the time of
implementation this system out of order. The other point is, that they think to
have a better planning base for production and distribution with SAP R3 like
now!!!??? Letīs see what happens in the future.

regards Hans-Ferdinand
HFHUBER@t-online.de