Subject: [Leica] IMAX team expedition of Everest...
From: Gerald Hsu <Gerald.Hsu@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:56:52 -0800 (PST)

I went to see the IMAX film "Everest" on the past weekend
at the Tech museum of San Jose. I was basically blown away
by the amount of efforts the entire IMAX 96 expedition team
put in to shoot the first large format film on the summit of
Mount Everest. What a movie with a great story to boot! Highly
recommeded.

Now back to the subject with Leica. When the IMAX team finally
arrived at the peak of the summit, on the film, I saw this
camera that very much resembles a Leica R6.2 used by the
team captain, David Breashears. Can anyone confirm that it
is true? The other Leica gear that I saw on the film is the
APO Televid scope which the IMAX team used at the base camp
spotting the tragedy unfold as the team led by Rob Hall caught
by the unexpected storm on the way to the summit.

Gerald Hsu