Subject: Re: [Leica] Hoods for 35/2
From: j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 22:38:50 -0600

>Hi again,
>
>I got a nice, round, vented lens hood with my 35/2 lens.
>As most of you know, this takes a good chunck out of the viewing area.
>
>I have "seen" a nice rectangualar lens hood on a few Leica lenses and was
>wondering if this was for a 35?
>
>If so, does someone know the part number?
>
>cheers,
>Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
>St. John's, Newfoundland.
><http://www.straylight.ca/locke/>
>----------------------------------

Hi Greg,
I have both hoods for my 35/2.
The square one (inded more practical) is part #12524 . Mine was made by
Leitz Canada, same as my lens. I don't know if they still make them but I
should think so.

Why don't you call Kinderman (905) 940-9262 or e-mail: kinderman@istar.ca
the Leica distributor here in Canada. They will tell you.

Regards,

Jacques Leonard
j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca
(just north of MTL)

P.S. I have a friend who lives on Mount Scio Road. Is it far from your place?