Subject: [Leica] Re: Loupes
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 06:24:27 -0600

I have an old 50mm Pentax screwmount lens that serves as a very nice loupe
when viewing from the front of the lens.  I picked it up for next to
nothing.  Any used standard lens, bought at a very reasonable price, can be
used for this purpose.  It is an inexpensive way to go.  The only drawback
is that the lens has to be held above the slide or contact sheet, and it
doesn't have a shade that rests on the object being viewed.  If the lens
has any protruding pins, you have to make sure that they don't touch the
surface being viewed.
   I will have a look at the Pentax zoom loupe though, given the reviews it
has received here.