Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS:filters, flames etc.....now R8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 22:25:38 -0600

>But the R8 and the M6 are bretheren in feel and name! And to think
>otherwise I guess I'd have to say, "you're mistaken!"  And may not have any
>idea what the "feel" of camera's are about!   They are both  "quality
>plus!"

But, Ted.

Don't they all fall apart the minute someone puts it to use? It's not a
REEEEL Leica, is it?

<blah, blah, blah>

I'm with you Ted. I find that the R8 is as superb a camera as the M6. Much
bigger, but it works very much like an M6 in the sense that it's smooth,
and because it's so simple it stays out of the way and lets you get to
shooting pictures.

Almost too much, for when I accidentally bump the mode selector and find it
in Program mode when it should be in Aperture priority! But a small price
to pay for such a wonderful viewfinder and accurate meter. I use an R4sP as
my second camera right now, and I have to say, this camera is great. Used
one for years and loved it. But it's not quite the same.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.