Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit-R 2.8 28 mm ?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 08:47:05 -0500

Christian-
Funny you should ask! I shot two rolls with the 28/ Elmarit-R last week at a home show. I used it on an R8 to practice with TTL flash. I was blown away by the results. While I couldn't use a Tripod, and had to hand hold at speeds of 1/30 or 1/15, the results printed on 4x6 were stunning. Great color, great contrast, and I was surprised at the relative sharpness of the hand held shots which I expected to be soft and blurry.
I'll admit that there were a few occasions that made me want a wider lens, but if you can get a good used one it's worth adding to your bag.
Dan ( I never met a Leica lens I didn't like....)
dwpost@msn.com