Subject: Re: [Leica] JB, filters, flames, and technique
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 16:50:52 -0600

>Incidently, I am
>considering the new Minolta 9, when it becomes available next year, mainly
>because I am heavily invested in Minolta optics already, and Minolta has
>announced a 200 macro.  But the M6 does remain my default camera.

Dan,

Sounds like a wise move. Minolta makes some very interesting stuff. And
this Minolta 9 looks like an XK for the 90s. If I were to drop the R system
(knock on wood) I would seriously consider it. Why not? They have 35mm 1.4,
85mm 1.4, 300 2.8, 600 f/4 and an 80-200 2.8. Not sure about a fast wide
zoom. But price-wise, I bet they are pretty good bang for the buck. And a
really cool flash system to boot. (Sorry, Ted).

But the likelihood I'd ever leave Leica R again...well I've been wrong
before! ;-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Common sense is those prejudices laid down by age 18.

Albert Einstein