Subject: Re: [Leica] R4MOT: Light-Struck Film
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 07:28:39 +0000

One precautionary note - these cameras also have light seals hidden
away inside the body.  The most noticeable evidence of deterioration
here, in my experience, is the appearance of black specks on the
focusing screen which are, in fact, bits of the seal for the prism.

So if you plan on keeping and using one of these vintage cameras, it
would pay in the long run to have Sherry or DAG or some other
qualified technician go through the insides and put things right.

Roy