Subject: Re: [Leica] no takers on the mini LUG site?
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 07:30:59 -0600 (CST)

I see many people easily offended on this group.  Surprisingly,
many of them claim to be photojournalists.
Photojournalists don't get offended.  Not real ones.  Can't afford
to.  Artist, self proclaimed or otherwise, are USUALLY offended!
Commercial artists/photographers/art directors, etc. usually
pretended to be offended (or was that offensive?....I forget.....

Walt's theorem.  If you are earning more than half your income
from a given field, you are a "professional".  I don't see how
someone earning their income from photography can afford to be
"offended" by the spoiled/coddled/obsessive/lens test junkies
on this group.  I just read and enjoy.  But "offended"?
By equipment discussion?  or a little colorful language?  Not
in the real world, or you'll have more problems than this group!!

"bout the only thing that would "offend" me is if you tried to
question my ability to do my job, and then ONLY if you had any
influence on my employers!!!  As an old man I know used to say:
If it don't get on my money, .....!!!!!

I like to discuss, bicker, attack, slam, as much as the next
a**hole, but if it don't really effect ME (my family, safety,
income,....) I ain't got time to be offended......

Go ahead, make my day......

Best to all,
Walt

On Sun,