Subject: Re: [Leica] How to clean lenses
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:06:19 -0500

Ted-
Years ago I saw a formula for cleaning lenses:
one liter of distilled water, 5ml Dawn brand dishwashing detergent, and a small bottle (2 oz) of USP Spirit of Ammonia. Lasts for years- I had forgotten about it until this discussion came up. I would caution Ted that it requires Spirit of Ammonia, and not a single malt!
Dan :)

PS- I found it a good practice not to put any cleaner DIRECTLY ON THE LENS- Rather wet a spot on your microfibre or underwear, clean, then wipe dry.
dwpost@msn.com