Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: 2 Mint Leica R ROM lenses
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:37:23 EST

Comparing these two lenses optically is just a part of the story.    To
compare the 90/2 M with an R lens on the basis of functionality, the 85
Summilux is a closer counterpart .  The 90/2 M lens,  because of the M's
design, can likely be hand-held at 2 to 3 stops slower than the 100/2.8
on a reflex, making it comparable to an f/1.4 or faster reflex lens, as
is also the case with its dim-light focussing ease.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 17:03:37 -0800 Francesco <fls@san.rr.com> writes:
>As I told Eric, the new 90/2-M APO-ASPH is reputed to be
>as good as, if not better (since it is newer and not limited by
>macro design requirements) than the 100/2.8-R.  Yes, I love
>the 100/2.8-R and have used it for a year now without
>problems, but I have found the M system fits me better.
>
>Francesco

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]