Subject: [Leica] Re: AF R Series?
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:37:23 EST

On the Nikons, the electronic focus confirmation works with all lenses,
even those without electronic contacts.  I would hope a Leica system
would not require the ROM conversion to do that...it would be purely a
profit-seeking move if it did.  I heard recently from a rep that
electronic focus confirmation is in store for an upgraded Mamiya7
rangefinder body.  Perhaps the extra 2mm and the silvered strip at the
top of the M6TTL viewfinder have more to offer us shortly?

Regards,
Nigel

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 17:13:14 -0800 (PST) Shawn London
<srlondon@yahoo.com> writes:
>Pascal wrote:
>
>>The "old" R lenses (with ROM strip) could most        >probably be
>used on an AF body, but with electronic    >focus indication only
>(semi-AF).

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]