Subject: [Leica] MTF and photodo, addition
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 23:49:03 +0100

BTW: PopPhoto uses this Ealing measurement apparatus too. Most Lugmembers
are not satisfied with or convinced that the popphoto results are
meaningfull. So here we have at least four companies (popphoto, cdi,
photodo, leica) using the same testing equipment. Why should we believe cdi
or photodo while we disbelieve popphoto.
It is not the equipment, but the smart use of it that generates useful
results.
The argument: they use Ealing, therfore it must be OK, is the same wrong
inference as: they use Leica so the pictures must be fantastic.

Erwin