Subject: [Leica] Evercolor Prints
From: "Khoffberg" <khoffberg@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:37:59 -0800

BTW, has anyone given a try to the EverColour prints?  Supposedly they
are drum-scanned and printed with laser printers, and allow for full
digital manipulation of the contrast range.  Supposedly quite expensive,
though.

Regards,
Nigel

I've mentioned in a couple of previous posts a workshop I attended with
Galen Rowell.  He is one of the prime movers behind the effort to get this
whole process production ready for people like himself.

I'm drawing a blank on the name of the chap with the drum scanner and all
the algorithms, but he was one of the big dogs on the original Mac OS.  He's
got scads of gear in his basement in the Bay Area and the nice people from
Mountainlight are always trudging back and forth trying to get it right.
Galen had some EveryColour prints on his gallery walls (big, very big) and
they about knock your eyes out.  Illfachromes and C prints aren't even
close, even at 50% the size.  And yes, the cost takes your breath away.

Kevin Hoffberg