Subject: [Leica] R:Retrofit lightmeter for M1-2-3-4?
From: "guido ridoli" <guirid@numerica.it>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 07:58:58 +0100

Da: Mike Dembinski <mdembin@it.com.pl>
|Is it possible for Leica to make a ton of money
off of us by offering to
|install light meters in our pre-M6 Ms? Since I
bought my M6, my M3 and M4
|do not get used (my tatty old M2 is sometimes
pressed into service to carry
|my equally tatty Super Angulon).
|My M3 - mint minus - I'd hate to part with it,
but right now, I just take
|it out of the display cabinet once a month, wind
on, release shutter at a
|few speeds and replace. My M4 tends to get
ignored somewhat.
|Couldn't someone - anyone - come up with an
ingenious way of installing
|M6-type light meters into the older Ms? Even if
it means sacrificing the
|self timers and collectability value? (And hey?
Why not LTM models??)
|Mike

HORROR HORROR
:-) :-)

the only way to install light meters in pre-M6 is
to read some Ansel Adams books about incident
metering.....
Try incident metering you will wonder about
results.
And if you really can't use an external meter like
Gossen or Sekonic
why don't you use the Leicameter on your cameras?

        Guido Ridoli
LEICA M SUPERFAN
  guirid@numerica.it