Subject: [Leica] JB, filters, flames and technique
From: Carsten Bockermann <Carsten_Bockermann@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 02:29:38 -0500

Nigel,

>>...But, I have picked and chosen my Nikon lenses *carefully* from amongst
the lot...<<

I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of Nikon lenses. From time to
time someone voices an opinion like "the Nikkors produce a brittle" or
"they show bad bokeh". I have some Nikkors for which this is certainly true
(20/2.8 AIS, 35/2 AIS, 85/1.8 AF). Others like the 55/2.8 Micro AIS, the
105/4 Micro AIS and the 180/2.8 AF IF-ED produces images that are very
similar to those of my Leica M lenses. However, mixing images from these
two manufacturers´ lenses in a slide show you quickly realize that the
Nikkors exhibit a much warmer color rendition.

Carsten

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Carsten_Bockermann/