Subject: [Leica] Leica 'Quintessenz'
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 19:17:51 +0000

Hi LUGnuts.

A long time ago a good German friend of mine gave me a book (translated
from the American into German, I believe), which featured various
manufactured products which were the 'quintessence'  of good design and
desirability.

The Leica camera was not among these, which surprised me at the time.

Among those that I remember _were_ there were:

1) The Zippo lighter (definitely - as a pipe-smoker I use 'em every day).

2) The Steinway piano (a hundred maestros can't be wrong).

3) The Timex watch (mentioned recently on the LUG)

4) Oreo cookies (isn't that some kind of invasive software?)

My question is:

Does Leica deserve to be included in this hall of fame? If not, why not?

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Waterfall