Subject: Re: [Leica] performance analysis (was MTF)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:25:38 -0600

>So testing and publishing the
>results, whatever the testing method, including Erwin's one, would be
>useless, wouldn't it ?.

For me? No. Why? Because I assume most tests are going to be reasonably
accurate. Especially Erwins, because he is very careful, and very
observant. But when one lens goes against what we know is the case, then I
tend to choose collective experience of a group of people I respect over
that of one tester, whoever that might be.

Pop Photo seems to fall down on this point way more than others. (Of the
tests I've read, especially their tests of Leica lenses).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The world's full of apathy, and I don't care.