Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens question!
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:03:43 EST

Hi All,

In a message dated 11/25/1998 2:51:25 PM EST, dwpost@email.msn.com writes:

<< I just picked up a Nikkor-S.C lens 50/1.4 with a Leica thread. Anyone have
experience with this particular beast? I am still running the first roll
through and won't get to the lab until Friday, so any personal anecdotal or
Hubert type evaluations are welcome >>

I had a very nice example of this lens a few years ago, and wish I still had
it. I found it very sharp, usable wide open, and very well made. My only
problem at the tiem was its hard to find filter size, maybe 43mm or so - I'm
not sure any more. It had a noticable warm cast to the color relative to
either Leica or Canon equivalents.

Will von Dauster