Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens cleaning
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:49:19 -0300

At 10:15 PM 25/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>They may know but may not care.  There is a difference.
>>
>>Tom Shea>>>>
>
>Tom, I take offense at that remark and it's completely uncalled for!
>
>These guys care about your equipment just as much as you do!  Maybe even
>more so, as their livelyhood depends on how well they look after you and
>your gear.

        Actually, more so in some cases.  I have gotten nasty notes back
with some of my repairs chastising me for abusing "his" cameras.

        With one repair I got back a plastic envelope with a fish scale in
it and an indignant note asking what it was and how it got in my shutter.

        They had a pool on what the "mystery object" was and were eagerly
awaiting my reply.

        You should talk to these guys, they have some REALLY funny stories.

regards,
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
<http://www.straylight.ca/locke/>
"I've finally figured out what's wrong with photography.
It's a one-eyed man looking through a little 'ole.
Now, how much reality can there be in that?" -- David Hockney