Subject: Re: [Leica] Warm Nikkors?
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:33:04 -0600 (CST)

If you're working as a photographer, your final medium is NEVER
slides.  Even in multi-media presentations, the projected image
is RARELY the original camera transparency, except in very small
one-copy presentations for lectures, etc.

One thing photographers have to accept, is that your final result
(printed page, whatever) NEVER duplicates the color of the transparency
on the light table exactly....a dear friend of mine recently
experienced this.  After years as an "artist" with "absolute" control
he was fortunate enough to start getting some "real" work -- i.e.
publication.....and exhibition of large work, which he can't print
at home.......he's having a time adjusting to the fact that most of
us take for granted -- i.e., It don't EVER look like your slide/personal
"expressive" print!!!

As many more-knowledgeable-than-I folks stated on this group, It
don't matter much what you shot it with -- once it leaves your
hands!!  Buy the cameras/leneses you LIKE -- that will hold up --
the rest is in your hands, eyes, and between your ears.  If you get
published, be thankful it looks AS GOOD AS IT DOES!!!  -- it can
be a lot worse..........

CU
Walt

On