Subject: [Leica] Re: Lens cleaning
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:20:11 -700

On 26 Nov 98, TEAShea@aol.com wrote, at least in part:

> << These guys care about your equipment just as much as you do!  Maybe
> even
>  more so, as their livelyhood depends on how well they look after you and
>  your gear. >>
>
> The proof is in the pudding.  The fact that they clean the lenses with
> such disregard speaks for itself.  I take much more care.

Ye Gods, Tom, it is NOT disregard! Look, I'll make youse a deal!
BUT, ya gotta promise to rest this thread until the 'deal'.

Deal is:  At the first opportunity that participants of this list have
a chance to get together, in reasonable numbers, and I'm in
attendance, I'll give you my late model lenses for you to test
clean in the fashion described by others here. Then inspect by
oblique lighting with a loupe and see if any harm was done.

Only stipulation is that I may inspect the wiping material prior to
the test just to satisfy myself that none of you monkeys have
imbedded sandpaper in same to rig the test. If Sherry does the
cleaning, I wont even insist on the inspection!

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased
     at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
     I know not what course others may take; but as for me,
     give me liberty or give me death!
               -- Patrick Henry