Subject: Re: [Leica] In re whuppin' up on the Summarit.
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 00:23:28 -0500

Walt-
I guess I am in for a surprise then because the Summarit gave some nice
results, at least up to 4x6, and I was really pleased with it- that is why I
decided to get John Van Stelten to recoat it and CLA the mechanics! I'm all
a-quiver waiting to see what the Nikkor will do- it is a 50/1,4 LTM,
indeed..
Do you know what the red "C" might mean, that's engraved after the NIKKOR-S,
which is in white?
I had wondered if it had been based on the Zeiss Sonnar design as the
dimensions of the glass and barrel are much like the Jupiter-3. The
Jupiter-3 was a nice lens, but not on a par with the Leitz glass so I sold
it to be able to look around some more!
Thanks
Dan
dwpost@msn.com