Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica (AND canon AND nikon....)
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 15:57:31 +0100

Martin,

I recognize myself very much in your behaviour, except I have not opted
for C but for other AF high tech SLRs. Whatever the brand is not
important, it is the complementary functionalities that count.

I'm trying right now to do all my 35mm images with the M and to use a
modern 645 system for SLR work. Since I have no usage for long teles, I
do not suffer from any 'strategic' loss of functionality compared to
what is offered by 35mm AF (except AF, but I have the option to choose
AF 645s now). I find that if the choice is between light, highly
portable, fast and discreet 35mm RF and a cumbersome, heavy, flashy SLR,
I might just as well opt for the real imaging advantage of MF when going
SLR...

Alan