Subject: [Leica] Shooting Baketball help needed from Pros
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 12:49:11 -0400

Hi:

I will be shooting some NCAA and CIAU basket ball tonight and had a few
questions for the pros.  After taking a quick look at the NBA web site, I
noticed the pictures look like they were taken with the aid of a flash.  Is
the use of a flash acceptable in this sport or are the arenas wired with
flash systems in the rafters?  What is the best lens focal length?  I was
thinking of bringing a 35 summicron, 90mm Elamrit, and a 60mm Elmarit.  Is
there any point in bringing longer lenses.  I have a Leica 400 2.8, Tamron
300 2.8, or a Leica 105-280 4.2 to choose from.

As for cameras, I will use an R7 with motor for the longer shots and a R8
with winder for under the net and close shots.  I wish the R8 had a motor
available.

Regards,

Robert