Subject: [Leica] Leica strap
From: bentua <debugger@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 15:33:16 -0800

I like the design of the strap that came with my M6HM.  Quick way of removing
the strap, no strap edge that dangles, good grip of the shoulder pad.

However, I'm not quite sure how much I should trust it, in the way that the
strap connects to the shoulder pad.  The strap doesn't *seem* to be continuous,
but are made of 2 parts, each connected to the pad in a weld-like fashion.  I'm
worried that this connection between the pad and the strap might someday all of
a sudden break, with my M6HM and Noctilux falling straight to the ground.  On
the other hand, the strap might really be one continuous piece, going "into"
the pad and out the other side.  Hard to say, since the pad doesn't slide on
the strap, like most other camera straps.

Does anybody here know for sure whether the strap is one continuous piece, or
if not, how strong the connection is connection between the pad and the 2
pieces of strap?  If the strap is indeed two pieces, and the connection between
the pad and straps are strong enough, then I'll still have to worry about the
strength of the pad itself, which seems to be just one piece of rubber,
although it doesn't look like this material would break without warning.

Thanks,
Ben