Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Leica M GRIP
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 10:57:49 -0500

>>>My wife has no problem with the Grip and Summicron 35. I find that the grip
>>>makes loading a bit more "fiddly."
>>>

>>I always loosen the grip but leave it attached to the baseplate when
>>

>OTOH, I've been using the grip since right after I bought my M6.  This is
>my first Leica, so I had no experience to guide or affect my usage of the
>grip while loading.  I have no problem.  With the grip firmly attached to
>the baseplate I'm able to load and unload quite easily.  Much moreso than I
>anticipated, since before I actually received my M6 I read quite a lot of
>mail concerning the trickiness of loading it.
>
>I love the grip and would not want to be without it.
>
>Dave

The interference my wife experiences is due to the self-timer. When I put
it on my M6 it seems fine. I don't use one on the M6 because I'm using TA
RapidWinder.

kw

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>